View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #44
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
High risk, high reward strategy.

People have been asking for a 'vision' from President Ono and AD Babcock over the past couple weeks... well, it's beginning to unfold.

If you want different results, go with a different approach. That's what Whit has done here and he has been incredibly transparent throughout the entire (swift) process. I'm extremely encouraged by the willingness of the administration from the top down to take this risk.

Bringing in a national name has clearly already infused this fan base with an energy it hasn't had since Kelly was here, imo. There have been some arguments on here about UC football always being second billing to UC basketball, or never ascending to a consistently national level. Time will tell. But, I don't think you can deny that when you take a step back and look at the last decade without any biases or reservations you will see a steady growth of the UC football program. Gains have not been massive, but they have been steady. Regardless of connections, tell me ten years ago a coach who had been previously named NATIONAL COACH OF THE YEAR would leave a Big XII job for Cincinnati. I don't care about the circumstances. That speaks volumes in and of itself.

Whit Babcock said it best,

"Now is the time, this is the place."

Bearcat football has come a long way. I'm excited to see it continue to grow.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote