View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #46
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name: View Post
Tuberville took recruits to dinner at TT, said he had to go to the bathroom, and never returned...
http://texastech.247sports.com/Artic...r-table-106322
Yeah, I heard about this. I have a couple thoughts. First, he should have finished dinner but I get why he left. Recruits were and would be asking questions that he couldn't answer truthfully. What's worse, walking out on dinner or lying directly to a kids face? He would get killed for either one and I don't think one is worse than the other. He could have made up a story to explain why he had to leave but that would be an obvious lie the next day too. It was definitely not an ideal situation, but if you are looking to get the hell out of Texas Tech, wouldn't you answer the phone from your agent too when it kept blowing up?

Second, I really don't care. I don't expect coaches to "do the right thing" when it comes to anything involving a job. Your job is to win football games and make sure your players are on schedule to graduate. Look, if you don't think recruits understand that coaches are more than likely NOT going to be there when they graduate, then you are fooling yourself or they are just plain blind. Paul Dehner Jr had an interesting stat in his mailbag about the number of recruits that have the coach who recruited them still their coach when they graduate. In 93 out of 124 programs, not one current player saw the same coach from recruit to graduation. Kids better not be picking schools solely on the coach in this day and age of college football.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote