Thread: Opening Day!
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #8
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
If we're arguing about who our 25th man is then I think we're doing OK. While I do agree that a strong bench goes a long way, Frazier and Cozart are young and neither should need many days off. Sometimes decisions are made on who has options available at the minor league level. Don't know if that's the case here or not, but we all know Dusty likes his veterans.

I'm excited about this year. Getting Choo leading off is light years ahead of Drew Stubbs. Stubbs is one of those players I just can't stand. Has speed but wants to be a homerun hitter so he hits lazy fly balls all day instead of hitting the ball down and using his speed. If that isn't bad enough he strikes out 200 times a year. I wouldn't tolerate that as an owner, GM or a manager. I especially wouldn't tolerate it from a 15-20 homer guy. I really like our line-up. I think it is solid 1-8. The rotation looks good and the bullpen should be tough. It will be interesting to see how the Astros leaving will affect the NL Central. That was a lot of easy W's to go around for the league. 97 wins last year might have been 90-92 without the Astros (pure speculation, but replace those 15 or so games with more games against Cards, Pirates, Brewers and Cubs). One thing it shouldn't affect is whoever the best team is should still win the division and we have the best team on paper.