Old 10-08-2019, 04:25 PM   #13
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
They've put the Midnight Madness on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvh8ky9QRRc

LOL It was hardly madness. I know it's just supposed to be a scrimmage for fans but the quality of play has me a bit concerned. Luckily it's early and coach has time to work the players into shape. Mostly concerned with outside shooting, but the lack of effort from Vogt and Scarolla was alarming.

Big lack of movement on defense. Too much watching from everyone. Scott was a bright spot as far as effort, but he still struggled to dunk more than once. Can't understand that with his level of experience. We need finishers on the inside.

I try to balance negative and positive. This wasn't a real game and they've just started. I just expected to see guys looking a little more polished than this.
I've mostly been seeing positive takes on the scrimmage. I don't think we saw enough to really take anything from it.

The lack of D was likely more of a result of tired players and treating it as an exhibition. I will at least hope it was until we see them play in a real game.

The lack of outside shooting could be a real concern. McNeal is historically a bad 3 point shooter and Williams isn't much better. If those were two of the best we could send up for the 3-point contest, we may have issues from the 3 point line (outside of the Cumberlands who can drain it from anywhere). Diarra from 3 was a good sign and we know Tre can shoot if he's open. But again, tired players and exhibition.

I expect the lack of polish to be there early in the year. We have so many new players and a new system. Expect more defensive miscues and more turnovers on offense. Have to hope that the more aggressive style makes up for those by generating more points.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote