View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 12:46 PM   #6
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
If we can limit K. Wesson's impact on the game, then I think we'll have a fair shot at competing as OSU doesn't really have any proven playmakers outside of him.

Both teams have some wild cards. OSU has some true freshmen that could either overwhelm us with their talent or demonstrate some early growing pains that'll work in our favor. They also have some second year guards and a Florida State transfer who will be asked to take on bigger roles in the backcourt this year.

Outside of Jarron, Tre, and Keith, our squad has a lot of question marks as well. Can Jaevin and McNeal shoot at the level they did against Thomas More? Can Sorolla and Vogt defend and rebound at a satisfactory level against other established bigs? Will any of our freshmen emerge as contributing rotation players?

I expect us to lose but how we compete will tell us a lot about our prospects against the better teams on our OOC schedule over the next 2 months.
I am going to assume Brannen will be going all out 94 feet both ways press and break (as advertised). As a result we are going to need about 10 players ready to contribute. On the wing we have 3 quality players to rotate. At PG we will probably need MAW for 10 minutes or so (and I thought he looked good). We will probably have to get by with Sorolla and Vogt logging most of the minutes at the 5. However, when Scott is off the floor what's it going to look like? That's the million dollar question right now. Is Diara ready (didn't look like it)? Davenport (that's a tough first game for him)? Can you run with both 7 footers (I kind of doubt it)? Can you play small for long against OSU?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote