View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 01:45 PM   #3
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
It's not a bad idea but I think it is too soon to pull that trigger. The Big 12 will need to see what happens with the playoff before they make a decision. That will probably take a few years. The NCAA and Power 5 aren't going to split right now and not for the next 5 years or more anyway. Too much money tied up in contracts right now IMO. I think UC should have this as a back up plan. For now, keep putting a good product on the football field and basketball court, keep improving facilities and it will take care of itself.
I definitely see your point, but not being proactive is part of the reason both the school and the conference are on the outside looking in right now. The old Big East had chances to bring in some good programs before it got picked apart, but they were reactive instead of proactive and lost their seat at the table.

I think we should try to fight our way into a P5 conference by all means possible and as soon as possible. I'll take the risk of losing out on some money for a few years over the risk of being left in the cold and being completely irrelevant as a football program.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote