View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 06:54 AM   #10
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
I really like the hire. He was #2 on my list behind Casey Alexander when the coaching search started. But honestly the more I compare the 2, Alexander only had more years under his belt. If you compare each of their first 4 years at their previous program, Brannen comes out ahead.

There are plenty of things to like here. His former guys praise how smart he is. Last year his team was 27th in eFG% and the year before they were 25th in eFG% on defense. As a comparison we weren't in the top 100 in offensive eFG% a single time under Mick, and we were in the top 25 in eFG% on defense 6 times (all in a row from 2013-2018). This makes me think he's going to be good on both ends of the floor and has a good understanding for what he wants to do at each end. I think this is going to be an improvement for us from that aspect.

We have to see how his recruiting does but he seems like a guy that is capable. The media loves him and he seems to have really good relationships with his former players. It appears all the nku players and fans love him. I look forward to having a coach that doesn't come off as downright embarrassing from time to time the way huggins and cronin did.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote