Thread: Future teams
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 07:21 AM   #951
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
I want Cumberland to have the opportunity he has worked hard for. Selfishly I would prefer he use up his eligibility. And in reality, me not knowing all the details, it does appear on the surface that him coming back to UC is the right move. It's an amazing opportunity to go down as an all time Bearcat great. Not only for his personal achievements, but the added achievement of helping to stabilize a program in flux. Instantly moves him into the discussion along with other 4 year players (or at least players that exhausted their eligibility) like Kenyon, Steve, Nick (lots of the guys from that final 4 team actually), Sean, Gary, and the Bearcats of the 60's. Moving ahead of players like Forston, Evans, etc. From a tier 2 all time bearcat to Tier 1 all time bearcat.

Again, not knowing the entire story here, but that has to be appealing. And having a coach focused on creating space for him to operate...more offensive minded...team needing ball handlers...it's a great opportunity. But getting paid is also pretty nice
Yah I get it...he can't do a lot to improve his draft stock coming back. But maybe just a little could get him into the back end of the 2nd round or get the combine invite next year. Making 35K in G league is not something to get super stoked about. I don't know what his thoughts are about playing overseas.

If he comes back and works his tail off and gets a lot of ball handling duties and can get up into that 20+ppg range...maybe that would help the little bit he needs. AS you mentioned he could also become a Bearcat legend in the mean time and that may help with future job opportunities in Cincy should his pro career fizzle out.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote