View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #9
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I haven't heard the whole story. Was Phillips told what he said and that was his reaction or did he already know what he said and when given the opportunity he spoke out? Maybe he just thought Rosecrans was calling him out without realizing the context of how it was said. His reaction was extreme in my opinion, but at least he has fire. As bad as they've played the last week, it's good to know he's in a pissy mood. Honestly, I've been upset with Phillips average the second half of this year. He's clearly swinging for homeruns and giving away at bats. He typically a .290 hitter and last I saw he was at .259. The RBI's are great, but don't give at-bats away when no one is on base. When Phillips wants to be he can be a good hitter. As far as Dusty is concerned Iliked that he said nothing publically about it. Why stir the pot more? There's no way of us knowing if he was addressed privately by Dusty or the Reds. People give Dusty too much crap. And to my memory Griffey was never benched, but Encarnacion was and Mackanin got called out for why he'd bench one and not the other for the same thing. I do remember Dusty benching Phillips a couple years back for not running out a ground ball, for what its worth.