View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 12:23 AM   #7
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Ya know once so many players announced they were leaving the program and seeing who was available for the season I knew this was going to be tough one. I don't think any of us had the information to know how much Cumberland's injury had set him back. I think it's been more him playing injured than the new system affecting him.

Anyhow, even though as a fan you hate to see the losses, especially when much of it was due to some dumb mistakes, but overall I've been really excited with the change in direction from the coaching staff. It was always a joy to watch UC win, but the style of play was getting a bit depressing year after year.

So, I've just been soaking in figuring out what the heck the new system is. That's fun in my book. We're seeing Dayton, which uses mostly the same style, having great success with just a couple of players better than us. That's something to look forward to.

If I try to bet on their chances for tournament play I'm just going to be disappointed, so I'm just trying to enjoy one game at a time.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote