View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 01:40 PM   #55
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
I don't know. I mean we have had back to back unbelievable seasons with great teams. This year won't be like that but there's still some talent and scorers.

This probably isn't the right thread, but where does everyone think this team will stack up. Top 3 Cronin teams are obviously the sweet 16 year and the 2016-2017 2017-2018 teams, but where would this upcoming year be? Obviously time will tell but lets not act like we are going to be awful.
Last season was the bearcats best season by far under Cronin IMO. We won the conference, won the Conference tourney and had a 2 seed. Losing a single game in the tourney does not taint that entire seasons goodness.

And I think This year's UC team will be better than most people think. We have absolutely elite length & athleticism in our front court. Like as good as Gary clark was on defense, a lot of it was because of good fundamentals and good basketball IQ. Next year has 4 bigs who all can touch 12 feet or higher, all have 35+ inch verticals, and are extremely long. Diarra for Example has 38.5" verticial and a 7'4 wingspan to go with his 6'9 frame. IF we add some patented Cronin defensive fundamentals to their all ready gifted athleticism, then we have a chance to be every bit of good defensively as we were last year if not better.

Every returning player on this season grades out extremely well on the defensive end on synergy. And All of our bigs are pretty agile and mobile for their size. I think Tre is going to be able to hit mid range jump shots and Diarra is going to be able to stretch it out to the 3 point line.

As for the guards and wings, Fredericks will allow us to play small ball with him at the 4 and Tre Scott at the 5 and be completely switchable defensively and not loose anything on the rebounding side as Cumberland, Williams, Fredericks and Scott all rebound well.

But there is no doubt about it, our scoring is going to have to come from our guards. Cumberland and Cane need to take 30 shots a game, Keith will need be aggressive and get to the rim ( and hopefully improves his shooting so it opens the lane back up for him). Trevor, IMO, will end up being one of the best shooters in the Cronin era, just a matter of when. I think Logan Johnson will contribute this season, much more than people expect too.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote