Thread: Cleveland State
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2022, 05:40 PM   #17
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
The PG's and backup centers are the biggest concerns. Vik still needs to improve in some aspects, but with his potential I'd say let him play through it even if we had someone close to his level on the team. With this team it seems like there's no choice but to let him learn on the go, Ody/Kalu have been bad.

I still think DDJ at PG is the way to go. MAW has improved, but probably not enough to justify playing him over Newman/Hensley. Phinisee just doesn't really offer anything on offense.
Vik has the advantage in a lot of areas. Probably the best rebounder, might be the best scorer, Likely best shot blocker, he's the tallest, Has the best instincts etc. Wes says he's been the best on both sides of the ball (but he may have been last year too). He fell off pace last year and I hope like hell the real version is more like what we are seeing now and early last year. But the real test for Vik will be in Maui. He can pass the ball too (behind the back) but he just has to figure out how to Gary Clark that double down and battle inside with bigger dudes. I like what I have seen so far.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote