Thread: EKU
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 07:50 PM   #11
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Finished watching the game. The big change at half time seemed to be just lack of energy, thinking the game was over. Nolley and Davenport especially stopped crashing the glass (until the final 4 minutes or so).

Hensley was excellent, he seems to be stepping up into a key backup role and there's an argument to be made that he should be starting.

Phinisee came up with some big steals and rebounds, was better against the press than MAW. But, at some point teams are going to stop defending him and dare him to make threes. EKU was starting to do it at times, Phinisee's man would just hang out in the paint.

Any word on Skillings injury? Also did anyone notice Hensley came up limping around the 13 minute of the second half and was holding upper thigh for a bit. Either he was cramping or it's a known lingering injury as he stayed in and none of the coaches seemed concerned.

I'm curious how deep in the bench Wes will go once we start playing better competition. Ody and Hensley (and Newman once healthy) looked like they deserve minutes off the bench. Phinisee as well, but as I noted I'm concerned about what happens if/when teams simply stop guarding him and dare him to shoot.

Also Vik took over the end of the game. He needs to learn to be smarter going for rebounds (though he also got called for one complete B.S. foul). In the past he could go all out for rebounds and if he got called for a foul it was no big deal. But as our best center, he needs to be smart and avoid some of those fouls. He brings too much value when on the floor, can't afford to have him on the bench because of fouls.
Probably too early to tell on Dan. He twisted an ankle and never came back in after getting taped up. Hensley was hurt at one point...guessing maybe he caught a knee to his leg but it wore off. Phinisee did have 7 boards (I am amazed) and a couple of nice steals. But yes...he's not much on offense at all. But MAW is not something to write home about there either.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote