Thread: EKU
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 08:49 PM   #14
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I don't trust small samples for anything including plus minus or EvanMiya. Too early to count anyone out. I am not making a case to change the starting lineup. Just tracking the numbers. It would appear Ody and Hensley could be better to get more minutes. And even if Kalu was the leading scorer at Purdue...that's not always indicative of a good plus minus number or any other metric that can track defense or how the team performs when he is on the court.

Does EvanMIya have that metric? IDK honestly I don't use that site. I would be interested in hearing about it though. Talking about team performance not individual performance when they are on the court.
A player can be good at offense or defense but that doesn't tell the story of how the team performs while they are on the court. Plus minus is the only real indicator I know of that tells that story. Is it perfect? Not by any means especially in short term (small sample...same with any metric). But giving me a defensive (or offense) efficiency number tells me even less IMO. What else are the players doing when they aren't directly involved in a play? After many games plus minus starts to tell that story. I am tracking it now so I don't have to spend a whole day doing it later...hahah!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote