Thread: 2023-24 roster
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 03:55 PM   #23
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
I would love to have a guy with Lakhin's size at PF. I think he has the potential if he can work on staying lower when handling the ball and defending the perimeter. He has a knack for getting his hands on the ball, leading our team in steal rate. You could argue he was already playing the 4 for us on offense since we used Ody as more of a PnR/post-up 5. So yeah, I'd be fine with a true C transfer, but those are tough to come by. Either way, we're thin on the front line right now with only Lakhin, Ody, and Sage. I don't understand the talk of Hensley's potential anymore. He's 3 years into his career and can't get on the court.
Yeah, give Lakhin a skilled true Center to play with and it would be hard to stop. But centers are the hardest position to get. Perhaps Wes can pull off a minor miracle, or Sage will develop faster than expected and be ready to play heavy minutes next season.

I agree, on Hensley. The only mitigating factor is if there's stuff (injury related) going on behind the scenes that delayed him. I know he didn't get a full off-season due to the hand injury. But at this point, I'm pretty out on him. His problems seems to be that he's in the body of a 4/5, but wants to play SG. Shies away from contact, doesn't like physicality. It's unfortunate as he has great athleticism, but it's hard to imagine he's going to turn it around at this point.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote