Thread: UNLV
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 02:14 PM   #5
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I agreed to drive my wife and our couple friends to Nashville on Saturday for the Lizzo concert, So I'll be missing the game personally. I'll just be hanging in Nashville trying to find a bar that has the game on.

First time I've missed a regular season home game in multiple years.

Im just going to pull wayyy back on my fandom. I care too god damn much and spend too much money on this program.

New years resolution: to become a casual fan.

As for the game, I just hope we win. I do think we are a better team at home. and I think I'd like to see MAW start this game.

Kenpom has us winning by 14. I'd hope we at least do that, as we're dropping like lead in kenpom at the moment. We went from 24th going into Paradise jam, to now 48th

in these new NCAA metrics.. Its not just winning. Its how efficient you are doing it.
What fun is it to cut back?

Not going to lie..I have 0 interest in MLB, NFL, NBA, etc. My casual (it's more than casual) fandom lies with the football team. I can watch a UC football game and get into it, but a loss doesn't derail me.

UC basketball has been my "thing" ever since I was a kid. A loss bruises my heart. Always has. Always will. I don't believe there is such a thing as becoming a casual fan once you've been a diehard.

Stay the course. Reap the rewards and drown in the sorrow.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote