Thread: Future Bearcats
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 05:37 AM   #22
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
It's rare that a freshman is good enough to come in and start.

IMO Adams-Woods has shown great progress in a short time. Brannen is right to start him over McNeal and I have no problem with him continuing to start next season. He's definitely a freshman. His decision making and defense will improve, making him even more appealing there. Not sure how high his ceiling is as a shooter, but he's already shown great instincts for just being aggressive and working to score. I love that most about him. I want the PG to have more assists, but you need the courage to drive through the defense first.

If Saunders is actually even better in year one, then I'd say Brannen's recruiting from where he started is truly impressive. But I don't get my hopes up for freshmen performing at the level where we want them to eventually be in year one. It's just setting yourself up for disappointment.

The front court players like Eason...well that's likely happening by default. Diarra is pretty unreliable, but the good news is he has improved this season. There's just a long way to be where we want and Eason might get there sooner. And hopefully we find another grad transfer to plug the gap.

No matter how good the Madsens are, I would never count on them to be starting in year one. I think the jump to college is just really hard to take it all in, and with Harvey and Davenport already gaining experience, they should be on the floor. I expect Harvey to build up some confidence in league play and over the summer the lessons will really sink in.

Yeah, this season isn't going well enough to not start considering future teams. LOL But I'm still cheering!
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote