View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 10:41 AM   #63
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
What name did I call you? I said your post was stupid, and that is 100% true and I provided support for it. And others are pointing it out on other boards. Notice a trend? p.s., it's you.

The Madsen twins publicly acknowledged that they wanted to be recruited individually and weren't a package deal. Your argument that Gabe only wanted to play with schools that also recruited his twin is b.s., and I'm calling you out on it. It's honestly quite funny reading your posts. Gabe is a high risk because because his brother may leave? And this after you say "We don't know how much Mason would influence Gabe's decision" - so we have no clue, yet it's still a high risk? Yea, and Jacob Evans was high risk because he could have gotten home sick going to a school so far away.

Wow, there is a possibility one would leave? Unheard of. I guess there is no possibility of other players leaving. Cronin should not have recruited Brooks because there was a possibility he would leave if there was a coaching change.

Was Harvey a risk? Perhaps. But what is the risk? He does something and gets kicked off the team? His infraction was pretty minor. You could argue it's a risk not taking a player of his talent. It wasn't like he pushed his girlfriend down the stairs. So let me ask you again since you conveniently ignored it: what was your position on taking Lance Stephenson, Alvin Mitchel, Ellis (twice - once after he had already been kicked off the team), Lawrence, and Jason Henry?
Maybe you didn't really follow the recruiting. Makes sense as most of the guys on the other board like to get emotionally worked up, but don't really follow recruiting closely. The Madsen's said they wanted to be recruited individually, but they also made it clear that they wanted to be a package deal. The risk with Gabe is that Mason the mid-major level player that he looks like and we've basically used two scholarships on one player. Do you (or anyone) think Mason would be here if Gabe went elsewhere?

Any player could leave for a variety of reasons. But no other recruit besides Gabe is going to leave because their brother is unhappy here. It is one more factor that could influence Gabe departing, that a normal recruit does not have, thus higher risk.

Can you not read? I said I'm happy with Harvey here and fine with taking a risk here and there. That applies to past players as well. As long as we don't take too many risks and are getting players who wouldn't normally come here is a good strategy.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote