Thread: Season Updates
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 11:25 AM   #7
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Normally I’d be upset with UC not playing as it’s all that’s going on that I care about this time of year. . But I’ve just picked up new hobbies.

Covid + poor UC basketball means my fandom never reaches the level it used to be at. I’ll be cancelling my season tickets (though depending on demand, I may buy them and sell them individually to make extra cash and attend a game or two) and pulling back my donations. If I do just cancel I’ll offer the season tickets to someone on this board.

So many people hurting financially right now that donating to athletic department of a school that to me clearly cares more about football is silly. I’m just going to take a wait & see approach, if In a few years, everything is stable then I’ll spend money again. But for now I got my refund for my season tickets and simply donated to a few causes and spent money on local restaurants.

Basketball is fun. But when it’s no longer fun and watching your team is more painful than fun, then it’s time to pack it in.

As for the resuming of play: what’s the point? It seems costly personally, financially and health wise to continue to play basketball in a losing season that doesn’t affect eligibility. Just call it quits & live to fight another day. Send these kids home to be with their families. Because being 22 and completely isolated as an unpaid athlete is just stupid. If one kid has long term affects from Covid for playing an unpaid game, then it’s 1 too many
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote