View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 03:15 PM   #195
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
There's no smoke yet about incoming transfers from UNCG, but if I had to take my pick of players off their roster, here would be my top 3:

1) Isaiah Miller (5th year) - 6'0 PG:

2-time SoCon POY and DPOY who would be one of the best players in the AAC from day 1. Has entered the NBA draft and hired an agent, so the odds of getting him back in the college game may be low.

2) Mohammed Abdulsalam (4th year) - 6'9 F/C:

Strong/mobile back-to-the-basket player who led the team in rebounding last season despite playing just 19 min/game.

3) Hayden Koval (5th year) - 7'1 C:

Lanky big guy who played 3 years at Central Arkansas before joining UNCG last season. He led the team in WS/40 min while hitting 31% of his 3s, averaging 2.2 blocks/game, and only committing a ridiculous 10 turnovers on the season.
I wanted to revisit these UNCG guys and look at their BPR numbers. Koval would be a great option to fill a one year gap. He had a 46.1 overall BPR last year (30.2 offense, 16.0 defense), which would make him our best offensive player and second best overall after Newman.

Abdulsalam was 29.2 overall (9.3 offense, 19.9 defense). They would both provide a nice frontcourt foundation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EvanMiya UNCG.JPG (31.3 KB, 5 views)
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote