View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 12:43 AM   #115
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
You keep leaving out over 75% of portal have little or no playing time to date. Stop acting like y’all don’t understand what he’s saying. We could’ve upgraded a little better than what we did. I’ll take Tari, Harvey, and Gabe over what we added and I thought we needed to upgrade from guys we lost. KD Johnson and Isaiah Miller along with trying convince Williams return should’ve been main goals
Transfers with little or no playing time are going to step in and start right away for top 50 teams? I don't think that's very common. There might be a dozen guys like that. The threshold I use to evaluate players using stats is 15 mpg. Tari cleared that. Harvey didn't go to a top 50 team. Gabe is going to a team with a new coach and decimated roster (rare for a top 50) so maybe he will start.

We got one player who has already been a top 50 starter (Newman), a player who seems primed to develop into one (Oby), and a good experienced role player (Koval). All three of those guys are elite in one area, which is the type of player Houston has been bringing in the last several years. Isaiah Miller and Keith Williams decided to go pro, I don't think you can blame Wes for that. We could still get KD Johnson or another upgrade.

There are 75+ p6 programs going after top transfers. I doubt there are hundreds of players better than the trio we got. We didn't do as well as some major programs, but it's still a solid transfer class.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote