Thread: Bracketology
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 08:13 AM   #9
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I like that last site a lot. I looked around on there a little bit and looked at that last tab which is "predicted results". It gives a prediction on wins and losses against each team as well as what our final RPI would look like and the amount of column 1, 2, 3, and 4 wins if all went according to plan (which I know it won't).

It shows a regular season ending of us winning every game until WSU away. Final RPI of 13. 5-3 against column 1 and 7-0 against column 2.

Of course none of the teams will go according to stat based predictions...but it's a good way to figure out who to root for as we go. You can look at other teams predicted results as well. Look at their predicted final RPI etc.

As of now WSU would be our best chance obviously. Buffalo is next not only current but predicted RPI at the end in the high 20's. Then SMU and Houston are predicted in the high 30's. I don't think there are any in the predicted results between 40 and 90...then we have a bunch between 90-150. Of course this can't factor in a team getting hot or cold (injuries etc)...but it's a good start to know who to root for.
Let me clarify something. I threw Buffalo in there because they are the highest team we beat. The rest I am looking at future chances. We still need to root for teams like Miss St and UCLA etc.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote