View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 01:58 PM   #588
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
It's hard for me to see Brooks not being able to go for a minimum of 7-8 ppg in 18-19. The 4 spot is a much bigger question mark at the moment.

The AAC will see a big drop off in the quality of it's big men next season between UC and Wichita State graduating all that they do. If Tacko Fall enters the draft, that would be very significant too.

We could still very much be the team-to-beat in this league with big men who offensively average at best.
It would be hard for me to imagine anyone manning the post for starter minutes to go for any less than that. Just based on rebound put backs and lobs etc and the occasional actual offensive move.

Titus Rubles couldn't hit the ocean from the beach but he averaged 7.8 ppg and he didn't have a post move...basically because he played starter minutes he got some points.

I realize we have seen less production from certain players in the past in the post but I hope we are past that now. I think 7-8 ppg should be a minimum for just about any player getting close to 25 minutes...especially with the shot clock down 5 seconds from previous years.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote