Thread: Reds/MLB
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 03:23 PM   #957
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I have no problem with this. I love Billy patrolling center field and love him on the basepaths, but overall he just doesnt cut it as a major league hitter. Not for the money he was going to command. I think I heard 9.8 million was the figure if we kept him. There's just no way. Now if you can still sign him as a free agent in the 4 million range I'd bring him back as an option with no three clear cut bonafide everyday outfielders ahead of him.
Actually Dave it was Around 5.9 mil. I have no issue as well. Billy was never going to hit or get on base enough to fully utilize his major weapon speed. My belief is this will enable them to play Senzel in CF for a year before moving him to 2B when Scooter leaves after this year. They worked him out there a bit after the season before he had to shut it down and the feeling was he good to the job. Don't see them resigning Scooter long term because he is on the wrong side of 30 and he is a really bad fielder. Trammel or Siri will be in CF in 2020 with Senzel moving back to infield.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 12-01-2018 at 03:25 PM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote