View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 05:42 AM   #10
bearcat8290

bearcat8290 is on a distinguished road
One has to wonder, if Ohio State gets the nod and Baylor and whiny TCU don't get in, all heck will break loose. Will that open the door for Big 12 expansion? Here's the way I look at it. According to ESPN this morning, Ohio State has a better SOS by 9 points over TCU and TCU by four over Baylor. Baylor beat TCU. All three have one loss. Big 12, no way to settle tie. Big 12 bylays say the conference champion is determined when teams tie by head to head match up and that team takes the best bowl. Baylor wins that. Baylor and TCU will be tied up in legal wrangling should one or the other go. So path of least resistance and better team, Ohio State gets the nod. Ohio State will also travel better than Baylor and TCU, two small private schools in Texas. Ohio State will have a legion of people going to the game no matter where they go. Ohio State hottest team in the country right now. Finally, no way a Big 10 team gets left out of the mix. My guess, Ohio State goes to the final 4. TCU and Baylor out and Big 12 out. Wins over Oklahoma by both Baylor and TCU diminished due to Oklahoma loss to Oklahoma State yesterday. Ohio State may have helped our cause immensely in terms of moving to the Big 12.

Therefore, conference expansion in the Big 12 will be ripe and ready to happen. For UC lucky to have a share of the title in the AAC this year. We have the best football resume in the league over the past 10 years. Good one in basketball too. If I were the King of the Big 12, the expansion would be UC, UCF, Memphis and East Carolina.

Last edited by bearcat8290; 12-07-2014 at 05:44 AM.
bearcat8290 is offline   Reply With Quote