Thread: Gameday
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 05:52 AM   #13
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
I love UC football and basketball. The reality is though UC football has zero chance to win a national championship. Not because anything they do on the field but because of the structure of the NCAA and the greedy Power 5. I will be tuning in and supporting our Bearcats on Saturday and hoping that we can win out and get a New Years Day Bowl. I love what Fickell has done and 100% support the program. I just hate the way it is all set up. UCF still gets no respect.

At least with basketball we have a chance (some would argue we dont) to win a national championship, if we take care of the results on the court. Last year was probably our best hope with the way the bracket broke but at least we had a chance. We just didn't get it done. NCAA Football is still the only sport where the results on the field dont determine a champion.
Zero chance? How about 1%? Walk with me...IF--IF next year we run the table, which includes wins against UCLA and at Ohio State...then finish undefeated, you don't think that team would be in consideration for the playoff?

Now realistically I don't think that will happen, but just play the What If game for a second.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote