View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 09:00 AM   #119
MDW79

MDW79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Well that's not exactly true. You made a point to (tie) Newman to UNCG as well as Roberts. When Newman came from Clemson and Roberts from IU. Your point was not so much about tying them to NC as it was to tie them to the SoCon. Newman never played in the SoCon and Roberts last stop was B10.
John Newman was a UNCG commit was he not?

Miller took 4 kids from UNCG (Koval, McGinnis, Hensley and Newman). 3 of them were already on the roster and the other was already commited (Newman).

Mike Roberts was a UNCG assistant was he not?

He was there from 2011-2019 and was the Assistant Head Coach. His last job at Indiana wasn't even as a coach it was an adminstrative role. He was the assistant AD.

I don't think I was being dishonest at all with using the word ties. He took 4 kids with ties to UNCG, and he took 3 coaches with ties to UNCG. None of this is any way untrue. In fact, I was careful to use the word "ties" for the very reasons you just described.

Tell me if this statement is true or not: 4 players that were going to be on UNCG roster in '21 are now going to be on UC's roster in '21.

The only reason I used North Carolina as a whole was to include the recent Wake transfer (Aguama) They're all connected to the state of North Carolina.

PS I won't comment any further about whether this is the right move or not. I've made my opinions known.

Last edited by MDW79; 05-14-2021 at 09:07 AM.
MDW79 is offline   Reply With Quote