View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #4
CDS86

CDS86 will become famous soon enough
O'Leary's had 6 or 7 years to get that program up and running (been referred to as a sleeping giant more times than I can count) and hasn't had much luck aside from getting to a few minor bowl games (Liberty awhile back and whatever they played Rutgers in last year).

To be completely transparent, I actually got my associate's from UCF in '06 before transferring back to UC...

Anyway, UCF has beautiful facilities, a brand new stadium that seats around 55k I believe, a HUGE student body (55k+ and growing) and a very large television market/fan base.

However... Their athletics leave a lot to be desired. Football, as previously stated, hasn't been all that successful. Basketball went to the tourney once back in '04 I believe and would instantly be in the bottom of the barrel in the BEast. Baseball has had some success, but nothing to get overly excited about.

Show me a couple of years of consistency in C-USA and I might support the addition if the opportunity presented itself, but until then...
CDS86 is offline   Reply With Quote