Thread: Evansville
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 09:25 AM   #4
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Iyen Enaruna (6'9 210 lb) was their other starting big against Kentucky Wesleyan but only played 15 minutes. Antoine Smith played 25 minutes off the bench and true freshman forward Preston Phillips (6'8) played 17 minutes as well.

Trey Hall didn't play and is supposedly suspended for a violation of team rules according to what I read on the Evansville message board.

Also of note, starting 6'3 guard Jawaun Newton (13.5 ppg, 4.4 rpg) left the KW exhibition game after only playing 12 minutes with a lower leg injury.
Thanks for the better info. I didn't look at the KW Box score to see who actually played, was just guessing off the roster. Not sure how I missed Enaruna.

Enaruna shot 25% from three (4-16 on the year) last year, 0-2 in their two exhibition games this year, so he may be less of a threat to us. But he started both exhibition games and averaged 13.4 minutes for them last year, so he should be a significant contributor for them.

It looks like vs Mount St. Joseph they started Smith, Enaruna and Kuhlman, so they can go big. Smith was a combined 5-13 from three in their two exhibition games, while Kuhlman was 3-7. So they aren't afraid to put it up.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote