View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 05:50 AM   #4
bearcat8290

bearcat8290 is on a distinguished road
That's a great point. UC wants to play with the big boys so to speak but continues with a MAC budget. It's always been that way or for as long as I remember. That tells me that many of the same forces holding back the universities athletic department are still in place in some form or fashion. The university should be adding women's softball and men's lacrosse. These are two very popular sports. We already have the field for men's lacrosse and would need to find a sport for women's softball. Mt St Joe has a nice field on US 50 west of the MT St Joe campus that could be utilized with a little money from the UC athletic department. We all know there are plenty of softball and lacrosse athletes in the Cincinnati area.

By the way, UC needs changes in the women's basketball coaching position and men's soccer head coach. Both have been big time losers for the most part over the past five years. Once again, the administration fails to correct itself and terminate these coaches. Both were given new contracts and are in the middle of those contracts. I don't think UC wants to pay either of them to leave. However, it should be noted that this waste of time may be costing the university in many other ways. Winning did a lot for Louisville. Louisville was recognized by the ACC because many of UL's athletic teams were winning and gaining national attention. UC came in late to the ACC meetings (not literally but seemingly did not recognize the ACC was expanding until it was too late), was transitioning with it's new AD and had many programs losing and losing big that it was not attractive in that way as a possible major player in the ACC. Louisville has top teams and won titles in women's basketball, baseball in just it's first year in the ACC.
bearcat8290 is offline   Reply With Quote