View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 08:19 AM   #83
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I was under a different impression. Skillings being more skilled (show myself out) and Reed being less skilled. Reed can knock a trey or handle contact in lane with not a lot of ball skills to make plays. Skillings having more of those ball skills and can shoot a little and more of a 3 level threat.

Maybe I missed something
From what I've seen/heard, I've gotten a much different impression. Some of the quotes from the Cincy Slangin poscast (may not be word for word). On Skillings: "averages less than 1 assist per game", "generally not a guy you want taking more than one dribble". Based on other scouting reports, it seems like he's good at straight line drives to the rim as well (though in college those often leads to charges). Per podcast scout, he's a guy who gets in the game as a freshman as a 3-and-D guy.

Reed on the other hand plays PG for his current team. Per the podcast scout, as a freshman he's a guy you put in the game when you need a spark off the bench to get you points. This is one scouting report. Solid athlete who thrives on his strength and savvy to make plays in traffic. The lefty can stretch the defense with his quick release three-point shooting. Not a big off the dribble scorer but can penetrate defenses and finish but more importantly can find teammates. Plays with poised control and sees the game. Has a sure handle.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote