Thread: Future teams
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #960
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
My take was that JC returning was helped (at least a little) by his non invite to the combine but I didn't get the impression Jaevin would be a done deal if that happened although maybe a better chance. And I have to wonder now if Bolton is waiting on both of those decisions? Jaevin and JC kind of take up the same type of spots Bolton might. The Cumberland's do take up minutes where Bolton would be slated to play.

If JC does come back...maybe we are looking at either Jaevin OR Bolton. If we get both that would be a very VERY big deal. Bolton still has long term opportunity but I am guessing he wants short term minutes as well and maybe more than we can offer him if the other two sign.

Either way I hope JC comes back and we at least get either or on Bolton or Jaevin. If JC does not come back maybe Bolton is still a valid option.
I was reading the PSU forum a bit and a lot of fans think Bolton is transferring because he won't be starting there for 1-2 years. If their right, then I imagine the Cumberland's being here might be an issue for him. Unless he doesn't get a waiver, then it doesn't matter.

I'd take Jaevin and over Bolton, even though he's only a one year deal. Looking more at Bolton he doesn't really intrigue me that much. I don't think he'd be a bad player, but he probably needs another year or two of development to have a chance to become a star. Hopefully Brannen can find some freshmen who fit that same sort of profile. His horrible assist-to-TO (0.57) ratio is also concerning, though that's likely in part due to him playing a lot of minutes as a freshman.

Jaevin looks like he can be a star now and combined with Jarron that would give us a very good guard duo.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote