View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 06:43 AM   #19
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Lawrence Central junior Jeremy Hollowell still plans to visit Ohio State on Saturday for the Buckeyes' football game against Miami (Fla.), but he'll do it on crutches. The 6-7 Hollowell severely sprained his right ankle during a pickup game at his high school on Tuesday and will be on crutches for two weeks.

"I went up to block a pass or something and came down on it wrong," he said. "I can't put any pressure on it right now."

Hollowell is excited for the visit - "I've heard it's a really big game," he said - and the opportunity to meet up with former Ohio State All-American and NBA rookie Evan Turner, who has told him he'll be there. The Ohio State coaches have compared Hollowell's potential and style of game to Turner.

"We've got to be pretty good friends," Hollowell said. "He told me he'd see me there for the game. I hear LeBron (James) is supposed to be there, too."

After the Ohio State visit, Hollowell plans to visit Indiana on Sept. 18 with his mother. The swingman said he had recent phone conversation with IU coach Tom Crean about the visit and said Crean was still hoping to visit Thursday at open gym despite Hollowell's injury.

"He's a good guy," Hollowell said of Crean. "I've got to know him a little bit now and we talk about stuff, not just all about on the court."

Hollowell has said Indiana and Ohio State are his favorites, but he's not discounting other programs at this point. Though he doesn't have dates set, he said he'd also like to take unofficial visits to Cincinnati, Florida and Xavier and possibly Louisville.

http://blogs.indystar.com/recruiting...-on-hollo.html
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote