View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #14
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbuc88 View Post
On the surface I can't say I am as excited as you guys are. Looking at his offer sheet from Rivals, it appears only MAC svhools and WVU have made offers. Has any one seen him play and how does he compare with Elijah Macon? I do trust Mick's ability to evaluate talent, but was hoping for a bigger splash given the success of last year. Hopefully Mick has one of the top bigs in his back pocket (McGary or Hammons) and feels comfortable offering a player who appears to me to be a project.
I don't know much about Scott but with two scholarships available (of course others might become free) and the need for quality big men, the fact that Mick would take the commitment tells me that either (1) he is very high on Scott's abilities and/or (2) that he doesn't feel like the other alternatives are as likely or are worth the wait.

IMO, McGary is a long shot with all the big time schools on him. Also, I think Macon will struggle to qualify and as such he is a risk. Not too sure about Hammons but I'm guessing they still have him high on their list.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote