View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 02:06 PM   #63
itsamemario

itsamemario is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
A lot of buzz going around about Jalen Tate from NKU has UC at the top of his list as a potential grad transfer possibility next year. Makes sense due to his relationship to JB and his knowledge of the offense, he's also an ohio guy. He would make a nice addition as a bench player or potential starter with what we are losing next year playing the wing and or point. He's a lot like Jaevin just with a much different skill set. My only thing is he's already one of the best players in the Horizon and I am sure he wants to step up in competition. As we have seen with Jaevin it doesn't always work out like that. I personally wouldn't mind having him, his stats wont wow you especially his 18% from 3 this year but then use the other scholarship(s) on a big guy or big guys.

FYI, he was NKU de facto point guar at 6'6 and was the MVP of the Horizon tourney . He could help bridge the gap with Adams Woods and Saunders next year as well as play some 2 and 3.
I think the biggest difference between him and Jaevin is Jaevin is very 1 dimensional. He can shoot really well, but his dribbling, passing and definitely defense are below average.

Jalen was defensive player of the year and at 6'6" he has the ability to guard 1-3 and If he spends time in the monster factory probably put on 10+ pounds(which he needs)

He can handle the ball and he knows the offense.

Think about it this way...We would replace Trevor Moores senior year with Jalen Tates...
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote