View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 04:11 PM   #427
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
I agree as well that we're not going to get a decent grad transfer by pitching a role as a 4th big.

I'm assuming the coaching staff is telling players that we have an opening at our starting 4 position (and a need at back-up 5) and they would have to compete with Diarra and Eason for minutes.
I think coaching staff is telling guys that pretty much every position is open. The only guy on the roster who is a proven starter is Keith. I'd say Diarra is the 2nd most likely starter on the roster.

Diarra starting at the 5 and playing a lot of small ball is quite possible if we don't add a big. Another big could come in and start at the 4 or 5.

Pretty much every position is open. Sure Vogt started last year, but he was at best an average center (and I'd argue below average). Diarra was coming on at the end of the year and quite possibly would have taken Vogt's starting role (or at least played more minutes) if we'd had tournies, but he lacked consistency. MAW was solid, but not spectacular and also not very consistent. Davenport was injured, Harvey was coming on at the end of the year but hadn't proven anything, Prince is an unknown and may not even be able to play.

There are potential starting roles all over the court for us.

Last edited by skyblade; 03-27-2020 at 04:17 PM.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote