View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 11:20 AM   #430
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I know we have went over this a 100 times but what did diarra prove? I hope he is great but he was bad more than he was good. There is no debate there. None. He finished the year strong and I hope it continues, but let’s not act like he was good all year. He was unplayable for 2/3 of the season. Vogt was unplayable the last month. They both have issues. Diarra has a much higher ceiling but let’s not act like one is great and the other is terrible: they both have issues. Hopefully they can fix them in the future. I think they can
Clearly they both have issues.

But PERSONALLY believe vogt’s issues are much tougher for him to change. He isn’t suddenly going to be quick footed and athletic. Can he improve marginally? Absolutely

To me Diarra biggest obstacle has always been his lack of experience and hasn’t developed a foundation of good basketball IQ. I think he played basketball with out shoes most of his life.

Usually Mick redshirted players because he saw some long term potential in them and knew they needed more time to develop. Diarra just finished his redshirt Soph year. This past season alone Vogt played nearly double the total minutes than Diarra played in 2 combined seasons.

Diarra’s has length, athleticism, a developing jumper, a developing defensive IQ and so on.

All that said, likely we will see Diarra play the 4 and Vogt the 5. We don’t really have a lot of choices. I doubt Eason is going to be gary Clark level good his first year, so the dou vs Vogt debate will be put to bed considering they both will play a lot together.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote