View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 11:04 AM   #7
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I don't know how synergy or other defensive grades system works. The synergy grades don't consistently agree with Basketball references DRtg.
Because of that, I tend to believe in the eye-test.

I think Sorolla's numbers are going to come down significantly once he returns and gets a bigger sample size, but I do think Diarra is the best defender on the team.

Jaevin I don't expect much improvement from, he's here for the offense and wasn't known as a defender at Oakland. Keith, Harvey and Maw have the athleticism to improve significantly, I feel like Scott could be better as well. It seems like Scott and Keith are having some trouble adjusting to not have a rim protector to funnel the ball to when their man drives.

I'm surprised at how high Jarron ranks. Also surprised at Davenport ranks. I consider them both good at defense, but would have guessed that Scott would be in front of them.

I notice you left Moore off. If that because of lack of minutes? I feel like he would rated pretty high on defense.

Defense is one of the hard metrics to really get accurate. But I do prefer Synergy's model. Its a tool that every coach in america uses to scout players, themselves and to watch film.

I think its a steal for 20 bucks a month, because I get access to video express, meaning I can download any game in their archive.. Which is literally every game every played in the regular and post season dating back to 2005-2006

I left off moore because he doesn't have enough possessions to warrant a grade but his numbers are the worst on the team... BUT its in extremely low sample size.

He is giving up 1 point per possession. But i'd take that with a huge boulder of salt
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote