View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 09:22 AM   #10
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I ran the defensive Synergy (the same tool coaches use to scout) numbers for each player (Minus Trevor Moore who does have enough possessions to get a grade).

The defense from our bigs has been really good. Its a feel spots on the wing where we could be better:

Chris Vogt: Good (.706 ppp)
Jay Sorolla: Excellent (.385 PPP)... one of the best in the country
Chris McNeal: Very Good (.647 ppp)
Zach Harvey: Average (.857 ppp)
Jeremiah Davenport: Very Good (.625 ppp)
Mika Adams-Woods: Below Average (.938 ppp)
Keith Williams: Average (.80 ppp)
Mamaoudou Diarra: Excellent (.5 ppp)
Tre Scott: Very Good (.684 ppp)
Jarron Cumberland: Very Good (.615 ppp)
Jaevin Cumberland: Below Average (.929 ppp)

Looking at these numbers, Our 4 bigs are doing a really good job on defense.

I'm just really surprised to see Keith posting average defenses numbers. It could be that he is tasked with guarding the best player, but he should thrive defensively with his length and athleticism.

But the clear weakness is the guards with Jaevin, Keith & Mika posting not great numbers. I think Mika and Keith will improve and so will Jaevin but he is less likely with being a fifth year senior.
Thanks for these stats. These defensive numbers coupled our TO’s is very ominous. We turn the ball over at a high clip and our guards can’t keep anyone in front of them. Jaevin really doesn’t turn his hips well on defense. When he is one on one with a defender they blow by him which forces either an easy shot or a foul...he has to grab defenders a lot. This puts us in a difficult spot because he is by far our best shooter so you have to keep him on the floor.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote