Thread: O$U
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 04:19 PM   #238
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsNE View Post
Waterhead I think what Mick needs to do is run a more player friendly offense with multiple player options. Because what happens is the guys stand around and doesn’t move. Which makes us very easy to guard. Especially when we will are not shooting the ball well. I don’t think Mick knows how to draw up play to incorporate more than 1 player.
I am not going to go back and watch that ugliness but it seems to me we didn't get a lot of set shots from 3 off the pass. We no longer have an inside out game which helped tremendously in that regard when our bigs were doubled. Now all we have is send Cumberland or Broome towards the lane and kick it out...but we didn't get much out of that in terms of easy set shots. Our shooting suffered because of that. When passing it around the perimeter we rarely do it fast enough or with enough reversals to keep the defense on their toes. I saw Cumberland begging for the quick reversal twice in the same sequence last night and he would have been open both times.

Just little things would help
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote