Thread: UCLA
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 01:53 PM   #371
BearcatsNE

BearcatsNE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Okay...I can agree with that. I still think Jenifer is going to be one of our 5 best on the court when milking a clock.

I gave my reasons why I don't like Jenifer as much as Cane during the rest of the game. The biggest thing is we got off to a slow start and UCLA had some early success because JJ was being exposed on D. A taller PG can shoot right over him and he was blown past a couple of times early on. Besides offense Cane has more jumping ability and a longer reach and he can't do much worse staying in front of his man than JJ the first 5 minutes last night. He can get steals more often and rebound better to boot.

Please don't confuse my points about milking a clock with the rest of the game because I agree with most everyone else on that. Jenifer is our best ball control option and I don't think that means we can't have Cane on the floor at the same time when milking a clock. Cane is the superior player for most other situations other than running point when milking a clock. He can play on the wing those situations though...which means Cronin is making decisions between CB and JC at that point.
Cronin doesn’t let any of his PG just play out of control. So ball control and milking the clock wouldn’t be a problem for Cane or Justin. Every possession is ran by Cronin first. But thanks for making my flight enjoyable.
BearcatsNE is offline   Reply With Quote