Thread: UCLA
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 06:34 PM   #380
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Sitting Cumberland in that spot was not a bad thought but historically he isn't a bad foul shooter. I hope he turns it around. We need him to be a better player then he was last year especially by years end. I actually think if he was playing better Cane may be getting more minuets as the PG. Williams is coming on a bit but if I need minutes in a close game at the wing I prefer it be Cane.
Cumberland's shot is off. His mechanics look bad. He nailed the one three yesterday, but his other jump shots the past three weeks or so have just looked bad and all five of his free throws look bad. He's flicking the ball sideways or something. It's always been his form, but this year he really seems to be lazier with his follow through or like he's overconfident in his shot and just not as crisp. FT's shouldn't look that bad, especially all five. I'm not trying to knock the kid cause I love his game, but they need to correct whatever is wrong with his shot and quickly. But there's no reason Mick should've kept him in the game. Maybe it hurts his confidence and Mick isn't one to take a guy out for missing shots (as long as they're not bad shot selection), but that lead could've gone to single digits and who knows what happens then and your only finger to point at would be 0-5 from free throw from Cumberland. Fortunately we got some stops and some other players hit some FT's but you can't have a guy on the floor at that point that can't hit free throws.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote