Thread: Future Bearcats
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 03:57 PM   #31
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coomer View Post
Ryan James, a recruiting analyst from MN, did a spot on Cincy Slangin’ and sounded very bullish on Mason.

Not that he doesn’t see the upside in Gabe, but the word is out on Mason as a high level shooter, good defender, and nice creator.

I suspect the Madsen brothers’ immediate impact will be limited, but I don’t find myself questioning the decision to take Mason along with Gabe anymore.
Mason seems to be turning into a lower end high major D1 prospect as opposed to a solid mid major guy. When they are the first and last players into and out of the gym...I would suspect we could see significant improvement over the years. Perhaps someday watching them feed off each other's emotions in a couple years could be a very nice windfall. I would imagine you can put them on the court together and each will know exactly where the other is going as virtual extensions of one another.

I remember when Cronin was talking up KJ and Troy when most fans were wondering if we could lower KJ's minutes. He said those two were just in tune with each other out on the court and that is an intangible that is hard to quantify. Watching our continuity issues this year...I am excited to see what that type of dynamic could bring from the twins.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote