View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 09:16 AM   #15
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Consistency is the main reason I would have chosen a Nagy type over a Brannen type. Without digging into details and just looking at performance, a coach who has taken a program in poor shape and then had consistently good teams over many years is more appealing to me for his predictability. And Nagy did it twice.

That's in the past though. We went with Brannen, and generally I'd rather think more about our team under him than looking at other coaches right now. We still don't really know what he wants his team to look like here. We might never know because of the roster holes that are at least partially (or mostly) self inflicted, but as you say coaches have made big strides after struggling out of the gate.

And Brannen faced a reset in year 2 instead of starting over in year 1. Thats going to push the process back. We might not like it, but thats the reality. He did a nice job of grabbing Davenport and MAW really late, but he also went with immediate help for Jarrons SR year.

I'm not going to be surprised if they let his first real class get to at least the JR year (this years freshman). Now if they don't stay, then thats another factor.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote