View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 06:00 PM   #82
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser Mentality View Post
Really lol!
Vogt had no business for the last 2 seasons on defense to be anywhere but inside the free line rectangle at all times.

We all saw what he was not able to do, but coach never adjusted, and kept running him out there to be abused, driven by, or to pick up or create fouls for team members. Instead of coaching to Vogt's strength lol! Created total loss of self confidence, for an area of his game that had not improved.

Seriously, if Vogt was used as a rim protector this year, I think some outcomes may have changed that could have resulted in wins.

Keeping him in the paint on defense would have allowed him to be more experienced and a deterrent in the paint. Let those with the ability to chase, chase players etc.

Vogt was sort of set up for failure, just to run the "D" how the Coach wanted instead of the "D" being catered to his current Big Man's ability.

Wasn't he a Pre Season All Conference Selection?
How many players in college basketball average 10 rebounds a game? How many 7 footers? I’ll wait. You act like because he’s tall, he should get rebounds. Honestly, tell me how many 7 footers average 10 rebounds a game.

Vogt was brought in as a stop gap and had to play when brannen stuck out. He had a games 20 games until teams figured him out. I’m not sure what your overall argument is at this point.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote