View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
'12 OH PF Deontae Hawkins (Offer)

Power Forward, 6'6": Deontae Hawkins
Dayton, Ohio
Dayton Dunbar High School
AAU:
Offer: Dayton, Cincinnati
Other offers:
Interest: Xavier, Miami (OH)

"Sophomore big Deontae Hawkins (6'7) showed us that he will be a solid D1 prospect if he keeps working. The Dunbar coaches never imagined that Hawkins would playing this well this early. He is "extremely" long and catches the ball very well in traffic. Hawkins finishes very well around the rim, runs the floor well with long strides, and even showed his ability to knock down the three. He plays with a lot of energy. Hawkins scored 20 points over the six quarters."
http://www.ohshoops.com/2009/11/dayt...d-running.html

I am unsure about the level of mutual interest, but Hawkins could be a good one. I saw him (what I believed to be him) in attendance at the Syracuse game on Sunday January 7 2010, sporting his Dunbar gear. I'm glad he got to see a good atmosphere for 30 minutes of the game.

He recently took a visit to UD and took in the Xavier game on Saturday January 6, 2010. UD won by 25 and the place was rocking.

I'll keep everyone updated and will try to take in a few of his tournament games.

Last edited by BearcatAlum1; 04-02-2010 at 07:45 AM.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote