Thread: Any word
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 07:08 AM   #12
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MylesFoxMorrisey View Post
I think this is a bit unfair. Penny and Hurley have a far smaller sample size than Mick. I think if you look overall, Mick has brought in a ton of top 100 recruits, especially early on in his tenure. Lance, Yancy, Shaq Thomas, Biggie McClain (Anyone remember John Reik or Jason Henry lol). Some have panned out, some haven't.

I think lately (last 4-5 years) Mick has taken on the philosophy on focusing on guys he knows he can get and develop into All Conf players ( Gary Clark, Jacob Evans) and will be here for 3-4 years rather than big 5 star recruits. He has often said he could've recruited Luke Kennard hard, but it would've probably meant he wouldn't have got Jacob Evans.
He knows where to spend his time. His last statement of he could have recruited Luke Kennard harder was due to him knowing Luke wasn't coming here so he wasn't going to waste his time. If there was a chance in landing him, I'm sure Cronin would have pushed harder. But yes, since he knew he wasn't going to get him he had to go get someone else and that was Jacob Evans.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote