Thread: Reds/MLB
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #2
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
I don't think managers mean a whole lot in baseball, but Dusty was absurd tonight. While it didn't end up hurting us because we can't hit worth a shit, who puts Logan Ondrusek into a one-game playoff? Also, it was sad thinking this will probably be it for Choo and Arroyo. Both were solid players and we will miss them next year. I wouldn't mind changing managers, although I don't know how much of a difference it would make. Jacoby should be gone, we can't hit worth a lick. If we decide to stay internal for a manager, I think Price and Riggleman both would get a decent shot at it.
Don't care who manages the team if we don't get a right handed bat for the middle of the order. They will pitch around Joey next year again. The fact that Cueto didn't last 4 innings dictated we would have to use lots of Bull pen arms.Everyone points the finger at Dusty. He didn't sign Ludwick to a 2 year deal or have him seperate his shoulder opening day. He didn't sign Braxton to a 2 year deal then use Chapman as a closer. Without those two contracts we coud have landed a RH bat for the middle of the order. when the reds get productin out of LF with a righthanded bat such as Gomes or as Ludwick did last year they walk away with this division. 2010 and 2012 will tell you that. as far as Jacoby goes these guys need to change there approach in the instruction thye are getting in the minor leagues. Not very practical to get a guy who made it to the bigs to change what got him there. Dusty is far from the problem with this team and manges like 90% of the other managers in the game. He looks good when players execute and bad when they don't. Not having yor ace pitcher for msot of the year,starting middle of the order bat,and two of your top set up guys and still win 90 games is acceptable. If walt can land another RH bat we wil we division next year. Hamilton will replace Choo and give us better speed and defense and Cingrani will take Arroyo's place.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote