Thread: Future teams
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 05:25 PM   #1263
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
Totally NOT fair...UNLESS there are more pieces to this puzzle.
Expecting the same or better after losing the starting PG, C, backup F, an over 20 min/game off guard and heir apparent PG, the Mr. Ohio hs player is a little much...unless there are additions that make up for the loss (at least in #'s of bodies)
Maybe Davenport will be awesome, & Toyambi a stud, Hardnett a surprise etc...but most of those guys were going to be here anyway
Time will tell, but I'd like to see at least 2 additions that can have an impact...& one of them better be a point guard
I agree with you both. I think a lot of fans don't pay much attention and are going to see Cumberland back = tournament team or better. But the reality is, with our current lineup we'd be lucky to make the tournament.

As you say, we lost a lost a lot and Cumberland coming back doesn't cover for it all. Best case scenario we still need at minimum a starting PG (preferably a veteran one) and a backup center. If guys don't develop quickly (Diarra specifically) we need a starting center and a backup SG in addition to a PG.

I'm hoping we manage to bring in 2/3 of Mika Adams-Woods, Jaevin Cumberland and Charles Coleman. That would make us a clear tournament team. With our current lineup I'd say we'd be a bubble team and likely outside looking in.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote