Thread: 20-21 thread
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 08:13 AM   #96
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I continue to believe that Diarra will become our top minutes big man, I also think that Eason is not as ready as many seem to think (partially based on some comments by Brannen). Unless one of them improves significantly on defense then Rap/Vogt combo is going to be a huge liability on the defensive end and neither is a great rebounder. Meanwhile, Brannen stated Diarra has really started to understand the system now and grades out as an excellent defender in practice - especially at ball screens, a particular weakness in Vogt's games. With his offensive rebounding and three point shooting Diarra is not exactly a liability on offense either.

We have consistently seen that stars at low levels have a hard time breaking the starting lineup at a higher level. I don't expect that trend to change with Rap, his defense is going to become a bigger issue -especially if he is at the 4 with Vogt at the 5 - and he will struggle being defended by better athletes. I expect him to have some good games, but much like Vogt he may become difficult to play when he struggles on offense. Unlike Vogt, his offensive game seems likely to be more streaky.

My minutes predictions for bigs are.

Diarra 25
Vogt 20
Rap 20
Davenport 10
Eason 5
Lahkin near 0
There are a lot of minutes at the 4 and 5 even if Vogt and Rap get 25. There are still 30 left over. If Eason isn't ready a good chunk of that will go to Dou. If he proves his worth he could end up getting the most. He has some assets that will give him a good shot. Rebounding, perimeter D, and a 3 ball.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote